Wednesday 14 November 2012

Bircher Muesli






Finally I have come to the end of a very busy final year at university. I am proud to say that I have now completed a double degree! I am now qualified to be a Nutritionist and a Media and Communications Advisor. I've been quite slack with my blog lately and I apologise for that. This recipe is for delicious Bircher Muesli. This breakfast dish is high in fibre and will give you a great start to the day. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup bran
1/2 cup dried fruit, roughly chopped
1/2 cup raw unsalted nuts, roughly chopped
400mL milk
200g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
1 tbs honey
1 granny smith apple, grated
berries to serve

Method:

1. Combine oats, bran, dried fruit, nuts, milk, yoghurt and honey in a large bowl.
2. Mix well. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Remove from fridge before serving. Stir in grated apple. Spoon into bowls and serve topped with berries.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Email me at picniclane@gmail.com if you have any questions or feedback :)